BWRAG uses GeoBlue Travel Insurance to provide annual comprehensive travel insurance for our instructors. BWRAG student Sunny Rickard is a GeoBlue Travel Insurance broker and is available to help any BWRAG student navigate buying a travel insurance plan.
- Offers single, multi-trip, or longterm plans up to 2 years
- Multiple choices in medical limits ($50k to $1M) and deductibles ($0-$500)
- Covers pre-existing conditions and all health-related ailments while traveling, minor injuries and sickness including prescription drugs to major emergency evacuation
- Will cover multiple medical evacuations to appropriate medical facilities or back to the U.S. (All evacuations require written certification by the attending physician that the evacuation is medically necessary)
- *Does not cover injuries that incur while participating in surf contests (the contest organizer should provide your insurance)
- Can cost as little as $2-$6 a day (there are also monthly and yearly plans) depending on the medical limit and deductible you choose.
BWRAG leads surf safety summits around the world. BWRAG is also proud to give back to communities by offering safety training to select nonprofit groups, and by offering summit scholarships to young surfers interested in big-wave safety.